Okay, I think this is officially my favorite top pattern for Zoe right now. Here are two more. I made these mostly when I got together with some fabulous local girls to do some sewing.
The one on the left has flutter sleeves, the other is the short sleeve I usually use for this top in short sleeves.
I’m not actually sure Hannah Montana is still anywhere near the cool-meter, but we’re just going to go with it because the colors are right for the skirt for which Zoe needed a shirt. This is the Farbenmix Quiara pattern again in size 128, taken up 2″ from the bottom hem and with short sleeves rather than the flutter sleeves included in the pattern. I did add the seam allowances this time. The Hannah Montana print is cotton jersey knit and the sleeves and neck cotton interlock knit. A lettuce edge finishes the sleeves and bottom hem, which will curl more after a run through the washer.
This is from the Farbenmix Quiara pattern in size 128, taken up 2″ from the bottom hem and with short sleeves rather than the flutter sleeves included in the pattern. No seam allowances were added to the pattern. The Strawberry Shortcake print is cotton jersey knit and the sleeves and neck binding are cotton/lycra jersey knit.
It’s nice to get some things sewn up, I was starting to worry that Zoe was going to outgrow some of these prints before I made them into something. The clock’s ticking.
I’m still questioning whether this was a good idea, but I didn’t have the right color red to match the skirt I made Zoe for Valentine’s Day, so I went with the white.
This is the tunic length version with a hood and without the cap sleeves. Size 122/128 without a seam allowance added. Since she’s wearing it with a skirt, I think the shorter length might have been better.
This was the first time I’d done machine applique and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. It’s a bit fiddly, but other than that, not terribly difficult. Applique is from Lynnie Pinnie, I left out the circle in the middle of the hearts. A layer of Sticky+ with tearaway underneath it for the applique. Lots of ric-rac and lettuce edging for “curly” hems as Zoe says.