User Tag List

Thread: Little Blue Boo Cascade skirt

Little Blue Boo Cascade skirt

Pattern Manufacturer
    --- OTHER ---
    Pattern Name/Number
    Cascade skirt Lil Blue Boo
    Pattern Description
    A knit skirt with half circles sewn vertically on skirt piece creating a ruffle skirt. It has a slight drop wast yoke.
    Which view and size did you make?
    Modified pattern for a size 10
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    If not, why?
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    If not, why?
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    Easy to make, although cutting half circles for the cascade style ruffles took a bit long. Cute style.
    Fabric used
    Various knits--c/l, interlock, and jersy
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    For the skirt base, I did a rolled hem to give it a bit more of a finished look. I also used a zigzag stitch to sew ruffles in place, instead of straight stitch. The tutorial does not specify, just says sew them on, but I wanted to make sure thread doesn't break if pulled or tugged at.
    I would not recommend using cotton interlock as it is bulky and heavy, so it did not fall as nicely. All those ruffles weigh the skirt down pretty well. I would suggest a jersey or a light weight cotton lycra for the cascading ruffles.
    I would also alter the half circle pattern itself to be more narrow, so the ruffles lay closer to the body and ruffle more-- as well as not be so heavy. The bulky ruffles I find very unattractive--maybe very cute on a diapered tot though . For a tween? not sure, though my daughter absolutely loves this skirt.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Any additional comments
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.[IMG][/IMG]
    Link to tutorial:
    Last edited by Erin22; 03-08-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added pic and link