User Tag List

Thread: Satin Stitch Applique Tutorial in downloads

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lujain View Post
    Unfortunatly I cannot get HeatnBond Lite.
    But I got a question,

So the main purpose in applique,
    is to interface the applique and fuse it temporary to the garment (until washed)
    or fuse everthing permenantly, interfaced applique permenantly fused to garment?

TIA!
    I think this is a personal preferance(sp?). When I do it this way I don't want any "bubbles" so I fuse it permanently. And I don't interface it either.
    I know applique can be a lot different in quilting though.
    Did that answer your question?

If you'd like to try a piece of Heat N Bond Lite I would be willing to send you a piece

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista View Post
    I think this is a personal preferance(sp?). When I do it this way I don't want any "bubbles" so I fuse it permanently. And I don't interface it either.
    I know applique can be a lot different in quilting though.
    Did that answer your question?

If you'd like to try a piece of Heat N Bond Lite I would be willing to send you a piece

Thats very generous of you ^_^

What i meant that does heat n bond fuses permenantly on both sides??

Just days ago I made my first applique, and i just fused the woven applique and then just pinned it to the knit fabric along with paper for stabilizer.
    Just gonna see how the outcome would be after the wash. If good there are a lot of things I would do!
    Shyma

"Maya" as DS calls me to him, Mohammed 12/26/05, and to my girl Alia 7/27/07,and baby boy Ahmad 6/14/09

ISO:
    Olive+S Bubble Dress size 2T & up
    Minkee dot: Yellow or Baby Blue
    Velour (75-80% cotton):In chocolate, raspberry, black, orange, red
    at good price to help on the international shipping please ^_^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lujain View Post
    Thats very generous of you ^_^

What i meant that does heat n bond fuses permenantly on both sides??

Just days ago I made my first applique, and i just fused the woven applique and then just pinned it to the knit fabric along with paper for stabilizer.
    Just gonna see how the outcome would be after the wash. If good there are a lot of things I would do!
    Yes, it fuses to the applique piece, then you take the paper backing off and it will fuse to the fabric you are attaching it to. I'd be more than willing to send you a piece to see if it will work for you. PM me your addy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Z View Post
    Hi! Is there a way to save your tut for future reference? I've been wanting to try applique and your instructions look great - and most importantly - EASY! LOL
    It'll be in the download section once it's been approved I'm so glad it'll help you!