User Tag List

Thread: Slipcover Sew-along. . .Part 1

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Slipcover Sew-along. . .Part 1

Am still a bit confused on the piping bit, but I'll figure it out. I'm just clumsy with my hands here. Did use T-pins to pin the fabric to the sofa. That helped quite a bit. thanks for all your work on this!!!!

FYI - about how much time - all together -- does it take you to do one chair. Start to finish - pinning, cutting, sewing?? Thanks!
    Debi

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Slipcover Sew-along. . .Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by ialady44 View Post
    Am still a bit confused on the piping bit, but I'll figure it out. I'm just clumsy with my hands here. Did use T-pins to pin the fabric to the sofa. That helped quite a bit. thanks for all your work on this!!!!

FYI - about how much time - all together -- does it take you to do one chair. Start to finish - pinning, cutting, sewing?? Thanks!
    I'm thinking that the chair is going to end up taking about 8 hours total. I know that seems like a lot, so I may be overestimating a bit. My sister and i did my couch one night in about 5 hours, not including the seat cushions, but it was the first one I had ever done, so we were winging it and spent a lot of time just looking at it.

On the piping, have you ever put piping into a garment or pillow? You do it the same way. The piping seam allowance goes between your seam allowance of your two pieces when you sew them together. If you cut your seam allowances carefully, which as you can probably tell, I don't, you can unpin, baste your piping in place, and then put your pieces together and sew.

Let me know if that doesn't help, and I'll do some pictures when I put together my cushion.
    Sandra
    DH (Love of my Life)
    DD#1 (Allie, 8)
    DD#2 (Jenna, 5)
    My machines: Janome TB30, Juki Pearl MO-655 Serger, Brother 2340CV, Janome Memorycraft 350E

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.