User Tag List

Thread: Bubble Skirt OTTO 6/07 #14

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Bubble Skirt OTTO 6/07 #14

I guess its called a bubble skirt because of how the skirt is pleated at the top AND bottom and make the middle balloon out a bit....? I saw how you basted the pleats in the outer (print) layer of the skirt and then sewed it on to the lining - I guess the pleats stayed in right? Its hard to see cause of the print.....You didn't add gathers to the bottom of the lining did you? Only the top?
    Rebecca, Mom to Cai (07/05),Jonah (04/07), Shiloh (01/09)and wife to Sheldon (05/03).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Bubble Skirt OTTO 6/07 #14

Quote Originally Posted by hershyyyy View Post
    I guess its called a bubble skirt because of how the skirt is pleated at the top AND bottom and make the middle balloon out a bit....? I saw how you basted the pleats in the outer (print) layer of the skirt and then sewed it on to the lining - I guess the pleats stayed in right? Its hard to see cause of the print.....You didn't add gathers to the bottom of the lining did you? Only the top?
    I pleated the bottom of the outer skirt fabric at the pleat marks given by the pattern, after pleating that, it ends up being the exact same size as the inner skirt lining. So no gathering or anything of the inner skirt, you just sew it right together and that way the bottom of the skirt has no hemline really it just becomes one big piece that goes right to the waist... ask away if you have more questions..
    Tamar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    In love with Gavriel since '97
    SAHM to 6 delicious girls and 1 little prince
    ***Nava***