User Tag List

Thread: Satin Stitch Applique Tutorial in downloads

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info, thanks!

Question--so when you wash it, do the stitches ripple or anything? Because I've done this a couple times and after laundering, it gets a little... less pretty (I mean appliques on knits primarily, with wovens I don't have this problem). The first time I think I didn't use stabilizer, and it was pretty bad. And I've done it with tearaway stabilizer and still had rippling after laundering the item. I guess I'm wondering if this is common or if there's something I'm missing.

I do want to try appliqueing with a stabilizer that is left on and see if that helps....
    Vicki

blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

etsy:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by victoria View Post
    Great info, thanks!

Question--so when you wash it, do the stitches ripple or anything? Because I've done this a couple times and after laundering, it gets a little... less pretty (I mean appliques on knits primarily, with wovens I don't have this problem). The first time I think I didn't use stabilizer, and it was pretty bad. And I've done it with tearaway stabilizer and still had rippling after laundering the item. I guess I'm wondering if this is common or if there's something I'm missing.

I do want to try appliqueing with a stabilizer that is left on and see if that helps....
    I used to get rippling when I first started and I wasn't using the stabilizer. And after washing I iron it if it's like that.
    Although I just started using the mesh fusible stuff (don't know it's exact name) after I'm all done. I got it a Joann's and it looks like the same stuff you see on the back of applique's on RTW clothing.