User Tag List

Thread: Adding a pouch to grocery bag (chico bag style) DL

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Adding a pouch to a grocery bag (chico bag sty

Thanks for making this it looks great. What type of fabric did you use? I made one up last night with quilting cotton, and a much larger pouch, and my bag wouldn't fit in the pouch? Just wondering if you have any secrets how you got your bag to fit in such a small pouch. I think I will try your tute tonight. Thanks again.
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Adding a pouch to a grocery bag (chico bag sty

Quote Originally Posted by ericaeli View Post
    Thanks for making this it looks great. What type of fabric did you use? I made one up last night with quilting cotton, and a much larger pouch, and my bag wouldn't fit in the pouch? Just wondering if you have any secrets how you got your bag to fit in such a small pouch. I think I will try your tute tonight. Thanks again.
    The solid orange was a slightly better than broadcloth cotton, and the print orange is actually a really horrid feeling fabric that was labeled 'cotton', but I got for 1.50$/meter, and have long doubted it's cotton content! It's stiffer than quilting cottons, but not really thicker.

I do not try to fold the bag in any way, just cram it in there! I also traced a bag from our smaller local market, so it may be smaller than a big chain store's plastic bags.

I did think that making the pouch from knit would give a bit of stretch & allow for bulkier bags to be crammed in ... but didn't try that. Since I have a coop order's worth of Flip & Tumble bags on the way, I'm not sure how many more bags I should make myself, but I may try the knit one next week.
    Rochelle - mama to Finn, Ben, Josh & Cate