User Tag List

Thread: eBayer - FABRICCENTRAL - Watch for postage fees!!!

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: eBayer - FABRICCENTRAL - Watch for postage fee

Well and not to mention, I would have thought increasing the shipping would mean that my fabric would have then shipped priority, but instead she sent it first class which I paid $5.50 in postage.

I know that they have to set up their shopping cart to protect them for under charging or from having to figure out shipping on a case by case basis. The same as my etsy cart would over charge someone for purchasing multiple items because of how it is set up. For instance, right now is someone purchased 3 bags, they would pay $15+ for shipping because of how I have it set up. However, I think it would be an obvious overcharge and I would without a doubt refund them. I could not in good conscience keep the extra money that was paid for shipping if that was not what shipping cost.

Plus, this ebay purchase was a buy it now, which I did at 1am -- when I one, had the time... finally found what I was looking for. I would have thought it would be as obvious for the seller, as it would be for me thru my etsy store to charge at least close to actual shipping or upgrade to priority.

Not to mention, priority would have been nice considering it is Christmas fabric.

I do not think this post was created for a pity party on not reading the fine print. I think it has more to do with good conscience. Why would you want to do business with someone who charged you $7.50 to mail 3 yards of woven first class mail?
    Leah, mama to two little bits of sweetness Anjali 4/13/05 and Navya 11/22/09

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: eBayer - FABRICCENTRAL - Watch for postage fee

I got my fabric today and I will say that she gave a couple extra inches so I am grateful for that. I will leave positive feedback, but I will state what the charges were in the feedback itself.

Leah's right - I just wanted to alert Mamas to be aware that combined shipping is not really that great a deal when buying from that seller. She shipped it in a Priority envelope (because I had e-mailed with insistence) and used a PAYPAL generated shipping label (not one that had to be done at the post office like seller indicated) which means it cost $4.75 - I was charged $7.50. Fabric was stuffed in Priority envelope - no frills or extras to warrant the padded charge.
    Last edited by nutmeg; 03-08-2009 at 12:55 AM.
    Your Stitchery Friend,
    April

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.