User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: crybabysboutique.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: crybabysboutique.com

Oh, how I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago! I'm pretty new to sewing and crafty stuff in general and honestly didn't know that one site was that much different from another. I ordered fabric on Christmas Eve that needed to be received by January 5th. I had emailed her a few days before asking if this were possible and a few questions about the fabric itself but it wasn't answered. Still, I thought maybe she was off for the holidays and I really wanted this fabric so I thought for SURE if I ordered it priority shipping that it would get to the destination by the 5th.

It was only after I placed this order that I found out others were having some issues with her shop. I couldn't understand that if she needed time off for the holidays, why it didn't say so on her site? And if she normally takes 4-6 weeks to ship, why doesn't it say that on there as well? As a newbie, I had NO way of knowing this!

I emailed her and got response and had no choice but to file a PP dispute so that I could at least get my money back. I knew the fabric would never get to the destination in time, even if were shipped that day. The next day, I heard from her and she cancelled the order. A few days after that, I got my money refunded through PayPal.

The whole thing made me very sad. I had REALLY wanted that fabric and wish I had known that this store was so unreliable before I had placed the order. If I had known, I would have ordered from someone else.

Anyhow, I'm glad I know about this site now and thanks for talking about this and putting this all out in the open. Hopefully other mamas have been helped to avoid her because of it!
    Marilyn - wife (8/8/98) and mom (11/99) (7/06) (3/08) -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I still have not gotten my item nor have I been emailed an apology because my fabric was not was i actually ordered even though I kept it (already paid for) because we like it but it is too late for me to get a refund via pp claim so I am just out money and very very very sad that it has come to this....
    WWCKD?= What Would Captain Kirk Do?

Tabbi--NM Homeschooling Mom to G1 & G2

Long shot dream ISO Fabric list-->

Downloads
    Uploads

I got a refund through paypal. I'm actually happy about it, I was able to find 2 of the three fabrics elsewhere for better prices. I won't be ordering again, though.
    Andrea

additional FB
    and

Downloads
    Uploads

I wanted to update that I did eventually receive my full order. After daily emails on my part Amy contacted me on Jan. 5th and I just received the box of fabric today (the 17th).
    Overall- I'm very pleased that my order was fulfilled, but it will be hard for me to look past the customer service issues and make the leap to place another order. Hopefully in the months to come Amy will be able to rebuild Crybaby's reputation- as she sure does have some cute fabric!
    Megan

Married- 1/03, Mama'd- 9/07

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I guess I can write off the rest of my order because she has not made any contact nor have I received anything.....ok well I am sure some of you are friends with her and have been telling her exactly what has been said here but there is no animosity just frustration....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mtandg View Post
    Well I guess I can write off the rest of my order because she has not made any contact nor have I received anything.....ok well I am sure some of you are friends with her and have been telling her exactly what has been said here but there is no animosity just frustration....
    I have had good service from her (albeit a bit slow at times) in the past. But the string of issues in this thread really would make me hesitate about buying from her again. Sounds like lots of people have had the same problem: no fabric/wrong fabric plus no communication. I've found thefabricfairy and Sewzanne's (and the other online stores like banberryplace, buntefabrics etc) great for communication, I guess we'll all be sticking to them.

I'm sorry you didn't get your fabric.
    Cathi
    Mum to Finn, aged 8 & Jordan (girl) aged 12
    ISO: Any Oilily fabrics

SG Points:

Jordan at her primary school graduation

Downloads
    Uploads

I am dealing with the same thing. I just filed 2 disputes with pp. If she doesn't respond by the end of the week I am going to escalate them as I am running out of time. This is just so frustrating as some of the fabric I need is for custom orders!!!
    Kerri~SAHM to Robbie, Abby & Elijah~Wife to Dh since 2000.
    FB on DS under kthoelen

Downloads
    Uploads

Yea Cathi I am glad you had good service in the past..dunno what happened with her and what is going on....can not escalate mine to pp since it has been too long so I am pretty much washing my hands and moving on....but maybe one day I will get a surprise in the mail

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mtandg View Post
    but maybe one day I will get a surprise in the mail

Back IN MAY 2008 She promised to resolve and send me fabric, sending her what I didnt receive and my address, and she KEPT ME waiting for 1 MONTH! and when I contacted her she told me she still did not get to it

and till now it has been MORE THAN A YEAR NOW..........
    and the only reply of her to me is the one in this thread....
    Shyma

"Maya" as DS calls me to him, Mohammed 12/26/05, and to my girl Alia 7/27/07,and baby boy Ahmad 6/14/09

ISO:
    Olive+S Bubble Dress size 2T & up
    Minkee dot: Yellow or Baby Blue
    Velour (75-80% cotton):In chocolate, raspberry, black, orange, red
    at good price to help on the international shipping please ^_^

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Lujain View Post
    Back IN MAY 2008 She promised to resolve and send me fabric, sending her what I didnt receive and my address, and she KEPT ME waiting for 1 MONTH! and when I contacted her she told me she still did not get to it

and till now it has been MORE THAN A YEAR NOW..........
    and the only reply of her to me is the one in this thread....

I'm SO sorry. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. IT STINKS
    I really had hoped she would have resolved this when you started this thread.

Isabel

Downloads
    Uploads

Just found out that her husband left her and her kids just before Christmas. Sounds like she is having a tough time at home and it has carried over to her business. This is by no means an excuse for not filling orders but at the same time you feel for a mama going thru this kind of thing. IF she could just email people and let them know what was going on it would be a huge help ya know.

Update: her friend said that she is putting in extra fabric to make up for her slowness. I hope you all get your stuff(and me too!!)

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know what I heard on another board.
    FB on DS under kthoelen

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kthoelen View Post
    Just found out that her husband left her and her kids just before Christmas. Sounds like she is having a tough time at home and it has carried over to her business. This is by no means an excuse for not filling orders but at the same time you feel for a mama going thru this kind of thing. IF she could just email people and let them know what was going on it would be a huge help ya know.

Update: her friend said that she is putting in extra fabric to make up for her slowness. I hope you all get your stuff(and me too!!)

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know what I heard on another board.
    that is unfortunate but i really think as a responsible seller, she should have kept her customers informed. her website is still running, the least she could do is to put something like..currently down will not take orders till further notice or something along that lines..that will sure save a lot of mamas the grief....life events happen but that dont mean the world has to come to an end.

she will probably be spending a lot of her time building her store's reputation and i must say its unfortunate that it has resort to this since she does have great fabric.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's very unfortunate and I'm sorry

Isabel

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by northernmama View Post
    that is unfortunate but i really think as a responsible seller, she should have kept her customers informed. her website is still running, the least she could do is to put something like..currently down will not take orders till further notice or something along that lines..that will sure save a lot of mamas the grief....life events happen but that dont mean the world has to come to an end.

she will probably be spending a lot of her time building her store's reputation and i must say its unfortunate that it has resort to this since she does have great fabric.
    I agree. She had such wonderful CS and fast shipping and all of a sudden it went totally downhill. I figured something had to have happened. She should have put something on her site though or at least answered emails.
    FB on DS under kthoelen

Downloads
    Uploads

So did we find out if she was in OK? If she's close to me I'd certainly help her get caught back up. I know she must be in a rough place.
    ~April~
    mom to Lexi(10), Mason(4), and Maddox(2)

Downloads
    Uploads

Unless she's moved, I believe she's in Cali.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had wondered if it was something like that...because of her mention of 'doing it all by herself' - somehow sounded like she meant everything totally by herself, not just the fabric.
    Cathi
    Mum to Finn, aged 8 & Jordan (girl) aged 12
    ISO: Any Oilily fabrics

SG Points:

Jordan at her primary school graduation

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marilynsp View Post
    Oh, how I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago! I'm pretty new to sewing and crafty stuff in general and honestly didn't know that one site was that much different from another. I ordered fabric on Christmas Eve that needed to be received by January 5th. I had emailed her a few days before asking if this were possible and a few questions about the fabric itself but it wasn't answered. Still, I thought maybe she was off for the holidays and I really wanted this fabric so I thought for SURE if I ordered it priority shipping that it would get to the destination by the 5th.

It was only after I placed this order that I found out others were having some issues with her shop. I couldn't understand that if she needed time off for the holidays, why it didn't say so on her site? And if she normally takes 4-6 weeks to ship, why doesn't it say that on there as well? As a newbie, I had NO way of knowing this!

I emailed her and got response and had no choice but to file a PP dispute so that I could at least get my money back. I knew the fabric would never get to the destination in time, even if were shipped that day. The next day, I heard from her and she cancelled the order. A few days after that, I got my money refunded through PayPal.

The whole thing made me very sad. I had REALLY wanted that fabric and wish I had known that this store was so unreliable before I had placed the order. If I had known, I would have ordered from someone else.

Anyhow, I'm glad I know about this site now and thanks for talking about this and putting this all out in the open. Hopefully other mamas have been helped to avoid her because of it!
    Did it ever get resolved, Marilyn?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm surprised to hear this too. I have shopped several times at Crybaby's and love it. They have some great knits and I never had a problem with the shipping. I hope your problem gets resolved.
    Carmen - Mama to 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by northernmama View Post

THANKS FOR THIS UPDATE!

This is really unfortunate truly for her and her family. I know she is in a bad place but as a customer a quick email would have been fine with me and I would wait a little longer no need to give details just a family emergency and keep in touch would have been ok with me not drop off the face of the earth although when hub leaves you that is how it feels...I just am so frustrated that so many get on here saying how great she is and the great customer service etc cause it just does not help at all when a few are getting nothing not even customer service.....hope she can pull through and come out stronger but I would not tell anyone to shop at her store at this time period for fear they might loose their money and their goods

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast