Oh, how I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago! I'm pretty new to sewing and crafty stuff in general and honestly didn't know that one site was that much different from another. I ordered fabric on Christmas Eve that needed to be received by January 5th. I had emailed her a few days before asking if this were possible and a few questions about the fabric itself but it wasn't answered. Still, I thought maybe she was off for the holidays and I really wanted this fabric so I thought for SURE if I ordered it priority shipping that it would get to the destination by the 5th.

It was only after I placed this order that I found out others were having some issues with her shop. I couldn't understand that if she needed time off for the holidays, why it didn't say so on her site? And if she normally takes 4-6 weeks to ship, why doesn't it say that on there as well? As a newbie, I had NO way of knowing this!

I emailed her and got response and had no choice but to file a PP dispute so that I could at least get my money back. I knew the fabric would never get to the destination in time, even if were shipped that day. The next day, I heard from her and she cancelled the order. A few days after that, I got my money refunded through PayPal.

The whole thing made me very sad. I had REALLY wanted that fabric and wish I had known that this store was so unreliable before I had placed the order. If I had known, I would have ordered from someone else.

Anyhow, I'm glad I know about this site now and thanks for talking about this and putting this all out in the open. Hopefully other mamas have been helped to avoid her because of it!