Quote Originally Posted by lasagefemme
Those are great, Meagan.......I just love stripes. Hey, about how wide are your binding strips?? I won't be using my serger. For the elastic on the top....I can just make a regular casing or zig zag the edge and turn, right?? That waist elastic doesn't look stretched out at all....can you elaborate. I gotta ask a million questions before I start...so be prepared :sewin
The pattern is very trim fitting, which is one reason I really like it. This pattern fits Sophie perfectly in the waist, so no it's not a gathered type waistline. You don't need elastic in the legs like most patterns call for, because they're cut to fit (you can stretch the binding piece as you sew to make the legs a bit tighter). The binding strip is 1.5" wide, but you could make it wider if you want to turn the raw edge under on the inside; I don't because I usually use the coverstitcher. I think I wrote on the pattern that if you don't intend to serge/coverstitch the elastic you can add 1/4" to the waistline and then make a regular casing.

HTH!