Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Pettiskirts--with a lot of pics of the process

Cute cute cute!
    Carmen - Mama to 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Thank you so much for this tutorial, I have had all the stuff and am dreading working on it after reading ALL the comments on Martha's site.
    I have one question though...The fluff, do you ruffle it first and then ruffle it again to that bottom layer? I guess I'm confused as to how a piece of fabric and another piece 3x it's length can be ruffled together and come out relatively the same length.
    I have never used my ruffler to sew 2 pieces of fabric together. Does it work out or am I confused?
    Thanks again!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the tutorial. . .like you I love the look and have come close to buying one but hate to buy it when I know I can make it. . .thanks for the instructions and taking the guess work out of it!
    Nicole
    SAHM of
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DD (8) and
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DS (5)

ISO Anything? Still have lots of knits let to sell just ask me

Downloads
    Uploads

Those are... Amazing. When I've had a *tad* (Ok a lot!) more experience, I REALLY want to try to tackle this!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

love it!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CBx4 View Post
    I have one question though...The fluff, do you ruffle it first and then ruffle it again to that bottom layer? I guess I'm confused as to how a piece of fabric and another piece 3x it's length can be ruffled together and come out relatively the same length.
    I have never used my ruffler to sew 2 pieces of fabric together. Does it work out or am I confused?
    Hi, if you haven't had a chance to download the free e-book from You Can Make This .com on how to use your ruffler, I can't recommend it enough! You can ruffle and attach in one step. Basically, the piece to be ruffled (the fluff) runs through the top of the ruffler and the piece you are attaching it to runs under the ruffle foot (between the foot and the feed dogs.

I hope that helps!

Downloads
    Uploads

Lovely!! Thanks for sharing!

Downloads
    Uploads

That is so cool. And here one of my friends just bought the boutique pettiskirt pattern from ycmt and you've just created a free tutorial for us. lol This is so very cool. Thanks!
    Heather, mommy to Kitania 2-10-2007

Downloads
    Uploads

Those are adorable!

Downloads
    Uploads

Amazing, I wish I had girls to make skirts like that for.

Becki

Downloads
    Uploads

those are all such great tips and they are the things i had to learn by trial and error. in the end they are such common sense. great posting!

Downloads
    Uploads

So adorable! I can't wait to attempt to make a pettiskirt! Thanks for sharing!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much for this. Finding this tutorial was the whole reason I found this site, and I'm so addicted. LOL I haven't tried this yet, but this one makes more sense than any other thing I've read/watched about making these skirts. I can't wait to try it.

Downloads
    Uploads

WOW! Thank you for sharing! It would be a dream come true if I could manage these for my daughters!!

Downloads
    Uploads

very very nice, I am about to make my dd one, will def book mark this, thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

I am stuck on the Charmuse. You only need one yard? In the final pics that doesn't look like just one yard.. Help! DD needs one of these for under her Christmas dress
    Heather -daughter of the King and SAHM to Thing 1 Thing 2, Little Cat G and A+W. Married to my High school sweetheart Brian since 1998, and mama to 2 furbabies, Casey and Ginger.

HE'S HERE!!!!!!

VISIT ME AT
    ON ETSY

Downloads
    Uploads

The charmeuse is the satin-looking material that makes up the waistband. You need much much more nylon chiffon for all of the ruffles. I hope that helps!

Downloads
    Uploads

makes me wish I had a ruffler foot

Downloads
    Uploads

These look fabulous, my dds would love them!
    Bre
    newly sewing mama to Julia (5) and Harper (2)

Downloads
    Uploads

those are great! Thanks for sharing!!
    Tonya

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast