Okay, first off, let me say, I am no expert I am self taught when it comes to sewing so my way may not always be the right way, it's just what works for me. I finished my first Laguna by Studio Tantrum last month and have made two more since then. They are really easy once you figure out how they go together but they can be a bit puzzling without visual aids. I had a really hard time finding enough info when I was trying to figure this pattern out so I'm adding this sew along to hopefully help others in the same boat.

Before I start, let me say, if you click on the pics they will take you to my Flickr where you can see them bigger

OK, let's get going, bear with me as I've never done one of these sew alongs before

Unfold your fabric and lay it out flat (not folded at all) Fabric A on top of Fabric B with both right sides up. You will cut both layers of fabric at the same time so your spirals will be uniform in size and shape

Here is my spiral pattern in size 98/104 laid out and ready to cut the first set of spirals. Note that the edge of the spiral is close to the cut edge of the fabric and the tail of the spiral (the skinny pointed end) is close to the selvedge. The layout may not look exactly the same if you are working on a different size pattern or if your fabric is wider or narrower than mine.

Here's what you should be seeing after cutting the first spiral out

Here is how the pattern piece should be positioned to cut the second spiral out. You can see that half of the edges will already be cut for you if you place it correctly.

OK, going to start a reply for sewing next now that cutting is done