Bought pattern in misses size up to 12. Made the skirt, would not fit niece who is 8. She wears a 10/12 little girls. McCalls says the size is always true. My mother who is an avid seamstress of 70 plus years helped me make it and we used the correct seam allowances. I got a really smart alec reply from McCalls about we were the ones who messed it up. WRONG.

The did however offer me a free pattern of my choice. I don't need their patterns. I will buy another brand. If they really cared they would have been more considerate and helped me figure out what was wrong. I literally had to take out the side seams and add more fabric to them, they were cute but I should not have had to do that. I was making them for another niece who is only 10 but is heavy. She was so disappointed.

I hate doing that to a child and then to be told it was my fault when I followed the pattern to a T!!! Something is wrong there!!

What would you do and does anyone have a pattern for split skirts that runs true in a size 12 misses?