User Tag List

Thread: Frayed Denim Anna (with Sew-Along)

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Frayed Denim Anna (with Sew-Along)

I found this gorgeous denim print in the clearance basket outside one of my favorite fabric shops in Jerusalem all crumbled up. I thought it would make a fabulous anna, and an even cooler frayed anna. Here it is being made into a stylish little dress.... (with instructions )

Cut out your Anna peices (lining, main body print, shoulder straps and side ties), cutting two of your main print and two of your lining, in full length.

Sew the Anna together making sure that the right side of the under print ends up against the wrong side of the outer print. Make your shoulder straps the regular way, but with the right side of the lining fabric up against the wrong side of the main print.

Here is the back, I used a deeply dyed Japanese print so that both sides look good.

Make chalk marks along where you would like the fray to be.

Stitch along chalk marks.

Cut (carefully!) in between the stitching lines.

Make little cuts all along your stitch lines, be sure not to cut stitching!

Look at it out of he dryer, it gets better everytime it gets washed and dryed.

Look at it now!

A little dress!

And just for fun here is one I did a while ago......

Last edited by Tamar; 12-13-2007 at 01:06 PM.
    Tamar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    In love with Gavriel since '97
    SAHM to 6 delicious girls and 1 little prince
    ***Nava***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.