Caveat: this is my way, based on a quick reading of the directions in Ottobre. It may be wrong, but it works for us!

1. Pick your pattern. Here I have chosen the Otto keyhole top with an Olivia added onto the bottom of the dress. Place the pocket pattern piece round about the waist of the dress.

2. Here I have traced the holes outline and cut a slash into the holes to help me cut out the holes. That's the pattern piece off to the right.

3. Here are the holes cut out.

4. Now I am cutting out the pocket lining. Well, not actually because I am really right-handed, but I wanted to give you the illusion of being right there with me.

5. Here is the pocket fabric cut out, along with two binding strips. I cut 10 inch strips because any shorter I've found that the fabric pulls too much causing a pucker on the outside of the dress.

6. Now we are at the sewing desk. I have sewn the binding strips into loops. Now I am about to serge them onto the backs of the hole openings on the dress. Serge them on right side to wrong side of the dress.

7. Here they are serged on.

8. Now I fold, fold, and twin-needle them down around the outside of the circle.

9. Here they are bound and ready for the pocket piece.

10. Now I have pinned the pocket piece to the back of the dress, right side to wrong sde.

11. Stitch the pocket on. I am using my twin needle again, and just go by feeling the pocket fabric underneath the dress fabric, but if you want, you can trace the pattern piece onto the front too, and stitch along that line.

12. You're done! Sew up the rest of the garment and voila.

13. Voila!