User Tag List

Thread: Cuffed arm warmer Tutorial

Downloads
    Uploads

Cuffed arm warmer Tutorial

I use knits with good recovery and nothing too stretchy as it might become baggy and slide off during the day.

Ribbing is perfect for the cuff and C/L's are good for the sleeve.

I measure the circumference of the upper arm and length I want the warmer to be I like it to be from wrist to just above the shirt sleeve

Take your measurements and double the length and subtract 1" from the width
    cut 2 pieces for the sleeves from these measurements

For the cuff decide how long you'd like it to be we like about a 3" cuff so my piece will be 6" long.

I use the cuff to help keep the sleeve in place so I make it a tad smaller than the sleeve by subtracting .5" from the sleeve width. If his arm is 10" around, I cut the sleeve to 9" wide and the cuff to 8.5" wide
    Hope that makes sense

Viola warm and cozy addition to your favorite t-shirts

all measurements are approximate and you should adjust them to your comfort level

TFL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloads
    Uploads
    those are adorable I will have to try them when I get my serger paid off and it comes in
    Theresa : Wife to a wonderful husband
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of 7 years and mother
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    to Shelby 8 and Holden 3 The loves of my life.

You can visit me at My website
    or my etsy shop at
    I look forward to seeing you there

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sew cool and easy! Thanks for sharing. Did you make this a .pdf to put in the downloads? If not, would you like me to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea how to do that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW **Thanks for the tutorial** It was much needed in this house

Does it slide down during the day with no cuff on top? Would it work with a cuff on the top and bottom?- with the obvious adjustments to the length measurements??
    Last edited by mmckeon; 10-12-2007 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Thanks

Mom to Kylie (01/03) and Kaitlyn (07/06)

My Joy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine prefer to wear them with the cuff on top
    it should would work well with 2 cuffs as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool.
    Sunny

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the tute!

Leelee

Downloads
    Uploads
    cute! thanks for sharing
    stacey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cute!! I might make a few for myself, to use at work.
    ~Jessica
    , single mama to Dillon
    (10) and Lucas
    (6 on 10/24)

~

Dillon is ten years old - 9/18/08

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are so cute! You should sell them on Etsy...
    Katie, mom to Anneke 2/16/05 and Ilse 11/15/09

Come visit
    !
    And find me on

And on

Downloads
    Uploads

oh thank you

~ Kristen ~ Wife to Jay, mama to Lily, Avry and Jackson

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are awesome!
    (If you ever wanna learn how to turn this stuff into PDF I could show you, just PM me )
    Krista~ Mommy to Kyra 7-31-05 & Logan 12-30-08

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are so cute! I may have to give 'em a try.
    Wife to Matt; Mom to Joshua (19), Garrett (17) and Liesl (5)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My blog:

My Etsy:

Downloads
    Uploads

:)

That is so funny. i was just thinking of making these the other day. Perfect timing and THANK YOU!
    In honor of my Marine daughter Lance Corporal Meghan Joy

Blessed with 7
    WONDERFUL children: David (20), Meghan (18), Alissa (15), Kaitlyn (12), Lauren (8), Carter & Collin (My 3 year old twins) & my soul-mate
    Bruce!

Please join my fabric group buys at:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've only worked with knits one other time, and the arm warmers are a perfect project to practice.
    Lindsey

Downloads
    Uploads
    I make these for kids with special needs, so they don't have to wear jackets and also use them as leg warmers for the bigger kids that ladies knee socks are too small for.

I use knits and I have also been using power stretch (I think that's the name )
    Micky- Mom to Katie-10 and Jake-20 (both have cp, mr, seizures, nonverbal) and Megan- 24. Grandma to Emmy- almost 2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great tutorial!
    Thanks for sharing