User Tag List

Thread: Super quick & easy Fabric notecards (sewalong)

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Super quick & easy Fabric notecards (sewalong)

Ok- this is the super quick and easy way to make fabric cards (or at least my way )
    I"ll work on this being downloadable sometime this week.

I like to use premade cardstock cards - Already cut and come with envelopes. I've also bought cards on clearance and covered up the top picture.

1. pick out fabrics you wish to use. I like to cut them into random pc's and directions to make it puzzle like but really you can cut as you go.

2. using a glue stick, glue the entire front of the card (where you'll put the fabric).

3. Lay the first layer of fabric onto the card (I like to go from most see through to least see-through).

4. put 2nd, 3rd, etc layers on. Put a little glue onto the edges of the overlapped fabric to help them stick and lay flat.

5. using a ruler, cut the fabric that goes over the edge of the card

6. Sew around edges and raw edges. I like to use zig zags of various lengths/widths and other decoration stitches.

7. Trim threads and fold card. all done!

** Oh- when you're completely done - change your needle - this will dull out the needle terribly and give you holes in clothing. I try to remember to throw out the needle when I'm done b/c I always forget this.
    Last edited by BugzNBean; 07-24-2007 at 09:36 PM.