User Tag List

Thread: Shirred Top or Dress Tutorial *Img Heavy* - DL

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now we are ready to stitch the seam. I use a French seam. First stitch the seam WRONG SIDES together ¼”.

Then stitch the seam RIGHT SIDES together 3/8” (this encloses the first seam we just did). And press the seam to one side.

Now for the magic part. Turn your top/dress wrong side out and steam the shirring. This will shrink it up but it will still be stretchy.

Now all we have left is to add the ties. I’ve decided to do “V” type halter style so I cut a piece of ribbon and pinned it to the front middle. Then following the top shirring line I stitched it a couple times.

Added a fabric covered button and viola…all done

ETA-I also have some different techniques for edges and ties with pictures. I submitted it as a download, but if you want me to add them here too I can HTH someone
    Last edited by Krista; 07-24-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: add

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a great tutorial and a darling little top. I love shirring. I've never tried a French seam. You make it so clear and easy seeming!
    Tracy, Mummy to my first, love, Imogen (1990), and to my sweet twin girls, Violet and Lily (2004), ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My sweet Imogen ... my darling doctor to be

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Little Ballerinas

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Tracy! I'm glad someone likes it and may benefit from it