User Tag List

Thread: Shirred Top or Dress Tutorial *Img Heavy* - DL

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarilla View Post
    I would really like to try this but I have a few questions.

I have never used elastic thread, is there a special technique to winding the bobbin?

I am also a bit confused as to what you mean my this tip:
    "TIP: keep track of your elastic thread and if you need to switch the bobbin you will want to finish the row at the end of the fabric as opposed to the middle"

Thanks for taking the time to write up this tutorial, the pictures are great, you make it look so simple. I hope it really is!
    I wind my bobbin by hand. I have heard that some machines work better with it wound on the machine. Honestly you just need to give it a go and see how it is with your machine.
    What I mean with that tip is to make sure you don't run out of your bobbin elastic in the middle of the row...so basically make sure you have enough elastic thread in the bobbin for the entire row before you start.
    Just go for it...I'm sure it will be easier than you think
    Krista~ Mommy to Kyra 7-31-05 & Logan 12-30-08

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista View Post
    I wind my bobbin by hand. I have heard that some machines work better with it wound on the machine. Honestly you just need to give it a go and see how it is with your machine.
    What I mean with that tip is to make sure you don't run out of your bobbin elastic in the middle of the row...so basically make sure you have enough elastic thread in the bobbin for the entire row before you start.
    Just go for it...I'm sure it will be easier than you think
    Is your machine a kenmore? From the pictures it looks just like mine. What do you have it set to? I could never get shirring to come out with my machine.
    Lisa ~
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    to Nicholas 11 and Julianna 8
    I recommend SiteGround web

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NicknJulesMom View Post
    Is your machine a kenmore? From the pictures it looks just like mine. What do you have it set to? I could never get shirring to come out with my machine.
    Yup, I have a Kenmore. Honestly, I really don't change any of my settings. Just stitch length to 3-4 (although sometimes I forget but if still works fine)