Uploads
    Thank you so much.

love and blessings
    angie
    "I am NOT my hair..." I am who I am.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for doing this tutorial, Jenn.

Since you have sewn both types of bag, which is faster to make: the morsbag or your alternative grocery bag?

Which do you prefer to use?
    Sarah
    Daniel and Amelia's mama

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SewSarahSew View Post
    Thanks for doing this tutorial, Jenn.

Since you have sewn both types of bag, which is faster to make: the morsbag or your alternative grocery bag?

I haven't used the morsbag but plan to make one to try.

But I *love* the alternative grocery bag.

Dh is carrying one for his lunch, I have one for my toothbrush rugging, I separate the kids and my lunches in the cooler for easy accessibility.

At the Farmers Market I found that the GBA (grocery bag alternative) tied shut and then needed to be put into something else for easy transport so... that is where a MB (morsbag) would work great. I used my Market Bag but a MB should work well too. I'm just going to have to test it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SewSarahSew View Post

I have a more informed opinion now.

I still haven't carried a Morsbag but my grandmother loaned me a bag that was almost identical dimensions to the Morsbag (I forgot all my bags for the FM yesterday )

I think that the Morsbag has a place and that 1-2 MorseBag and 6-12 lightweight (-5" in length) GBAs would be a great shopping system for my personal FM shopping.

Note: I just finished my first batch of the +5" GBA's so I don't really have a pulse on them. But they are the same size as the Smart and Final bags. If I was the one who did our shopping there then that is what I would use for that application. Since I do the FM shopping I think they are bigger than I'd need for that.

ALSO: my Aunt has a strong preference for the GBA's and the way they hang over her arm for carrying. :shrug: So they may win over the MBs in the next test.

I just showed/told the vendors what I was getting and then added them most to the WannaBe Morsbag. I had one GBA with me that I emptied our movie snacks out of and used after the WannaBe was full and the kids had taken it to the car. And lastly I had emptied my purse/bag so it was my final bag for the shopping trip. my first spaghetti squash of the season!!! I'm so excited.

After these few short weeks of going, the vendors I regularly buy from know me and know my bags and roaking so there are not any issues. But I have see other vendors check bags to make sure they aren't being cheated. So it may be a case of having established a relationship so trust isn't an issue. (mentioned because it came up in another thread)

So,
    ~Jenn
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BonaDea View Post
    IAfter these few short weeks of going, the vendors I regularly buy from know me and know my bags and roaking so there are not any issues. But I have see other vendors check bags to make sure they aren't being cheated. So it may be a case of having established a relationship so trust isn't an issue. (mentioned because it came up in another thread)
    What? How are they being cheated? So odd to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommatothebear View Post
    What? How are they being cheated? So odd to me.
    Someone putting more items in the bag than they pay for.

Much of the produce is X for X price kwim? Like corn is 50 cents each or 5 for $2. Lots of stuff like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BonaDea View Post
    Someone putting more items in the bag than they pay for.

Much of the produce is X for X price kwim? Like corn is 50 cents each or 5 for $2. Lots of stuff like that.
    Some people I tell you! That is dumbfounding. Stealing from a farmer for a 50 cent piece of produce!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenn I got the bag in the mail and just re-read this tutorial and it makes perfect sense now. This is ingenious! Thank you so much for the time you took creating this tutorial and the visual I have from you graciously sending me a 'hard copy'. I'm really excited to sew some up now!

Sarah
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~
    Sarah- mommy to peanut, bean and the lentil!

A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) Essays, “Friendship”