User Tag List

Thread: Elasticized Headband/Bandana Sew-a-long *in dwnld*

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Elasticized Headband/Bandana Sew-a-long *in dwnld*

I saw a headband similar to this at Etsy a bit ago and was thinking they were "blanks" because the store dyed things but I wasn't able to find them ANYWHERE. So with a little convincing from someone I decided to just figure it out on my own. It came together really cute and I thought it would be a great sew along.

This sew along will make you a smaller sized bandana that can be scrunched up or pleated into a simple head band. It has elastic at the back(covered).

The cut fabric pieces in the pictures may not be the EXACT size that I mention because it took me a few run throughs to find the right dimensions, but its good for a visual.

Ok, here we go! (Whew I am talkative tonight!)

Step 1. Cut your pieces. I have found the following pieces work best for me (and will fit a head measurement of 21-23"). One long stretch of fabric (the main bandana fabric) that measures 8" tall by 19 inches long. A second smaller piece of fabric (which will cover the elastic in the back) that is 4 inches tall, 6 inches long. Finally you need a piece of elastic. I use 1" wide cut to about 3.25 inches long.

Step 2. Finish edges of main bandana. Now you want to serge and hem the long edges of the 8"x19" piece. I serge and then just do a simple straight stitch down both sides.
    Serged:

Hemmed:

Step 3. Finish edges of elastic covering. Serge and hem the short side(4") of the 4"x6" piece.

Last edited by tiffany; 07-05-2007 at 03:20 AM.