User Tag List

Thread: Wool diaper covers/longies sewing question

Downloads
    Uploads

Wool diaper covers/longies sewing question

I found several free wool sweaters. I'm considering making them into covers or longies. Does any one have a link that will help? I have never used wool before. What all do I need to know?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Jaline..........

I always felt up my wool before making diapers/covers. Felting, in this case, means throwing it into the washer on hot.......then drying it, also on hot. This mats the individual wool fibers together...making a more waterproof outer. I sew up my dipes/covers......and then, afterwards....I willl lanolize them. I just buy some anhydrous lanolin at the pharmacy counter. You don't have to get the Lansinoh brand...its wayyyy more expensive. I squeeze a little bit (about an inch, squeezed out) into a jar with a bit of hot water. Put on the lid and shake til it dissolves. Then I put the dissolved lanolin/water mixture in a basin (sink)full of tepid water and let them sit for a bit. Then I wring out the water gently and air dry. The dipes/covers will be considerably softer and more pliable after they are lanolized. You might see lanolin spots on the dipes when they are wet.....no worries, this is normal. Just work it around; massage it.

I use the Very Baby wool-in-one instructions. (Traced a Very Baby dipe)

There are pix of my latest wool-in-ones on the Runway Good luck!

Lisa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! :-)