User Tag List

Thread: My easier than Jayme's fortune cookie instructions

Downloads
    Uploads

My easier than Jayme's fortune cookie instructions

Only because I am the Anti-Jayme. These are the ones I posted at CT.

Cut circle (used offray ribbon spool, about 2.5" diameter). Fold in half and mark a line 3/8" in from the fold, right in the center (it will throw your cookie off if it isn't centered).

Sew a 1/4" - 3/8" long straight stitch where you marked.

Turn it inside out and sideways so it makes a cookie shape. This will make sense when you have it in your hands.

It will look like this when you finish folding.

Sew a stitch close to the edge to hold it shut. I left it open on the ends so I can easily fit a finger in to push it into the correct shape and slide a fortune through.

Allison
    mama to Ara (16), Simone (14), and Zarin (9)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Now I want to buy felt, lol.

Your new sig is darling. I can't wait to meet the lil guy.
    Shecki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

L to R: Josiah, Samuel, Annaliese, Paul, Hannah, Jack (aka Furby), Eli, Brianna, Shecki, Zachary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey that is easier! Just wanted to add you can embellish with buttons and even embroider on it and I'm thinking I'll sew all the way around but sew in a pc of ribbon kinda like you would a taggie ykwim? It'll look like a fortune sticking out too and then little fingers can hold onto them.
    Allison-Is this what you've been doing all afternoon? lol ;)
    *~Kim~*

Downloads
    Uploads
    I made them a few years ago out of felt and the way I did them was to stitch a velcro spot on opposite sides of a circle then fold in half and stitch mostly along the edge like you did. No turning needed. The velcro dots sit where the finger openings are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou!!-
    I'm thinking of doing these in lieu of Valentine's Day cards for dd's class! Putting a message and her name on the fortune!
    ~Meg

Sewing for my six-pack!

My "middle" children

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am gonna have to see if I have some felt around here and try both methods! ;) Thanks.

Mama to my 2 kids, Braedon-7yrs: 8/29/03, Makenzie-5yrs: 5/25/05!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shecki, I've gots felt.

You know, you could just staple it, no sewing involved at all

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of using them for classroom valentines. I think that might be what I do with my extra felt....
    Shari

August 1991 - May 2006

Downloads
    Uploads
    For some reason I can NEVER see your pics! ??
    Berritt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cute! I wonder if i have enough felt to make them for Cyan and Alex's classrooms???

Val
    Val
    Partner to the love of my life, Don
    Sewing mama to Alex and Cyan and Logan

The youngest from last year and then the youngest from this year. Logan and Joey at the sew expo... Logan is 13 mos old!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those would be perfect for classroom valentines!

The big question is, is felt a notion or fabric?
    Mama to Megan 10/98, Carina 5/01 and Brendan 6/03

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are so cute and easy
    Sunny

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome!!! Thanks so much!

I can't wait to make some of these!
    Love and Peace,
    Katie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Allison!

I was just up late last night "studying" Jayme's instructions. yes...I do need to study such simple sewing tasks.
    Amy, loving wee boy #4
    born last Spring!
    Nature loving, homeschooling mama of 3 4 precious boys.

Wood strip-built kayak made by DH as a gift for his dad.
    Kayaking is my bliss: San Juan Islands last New Years Eve.

Downloads
    Uploads
    crap, i knew i forgot something at the fabric store today!!! i meant to buy felt!!! thanks for your instrux's, shelby's been toting the one you sent her around in her purses/pockets everyday
    heather - jill of all trades, master of none...

what? you mean everydoggie doesn't have a snowsuit?

my photography blog:

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh cool ! thanks ! I"m going to use them for our Wednesday night Salt program at church, they are having 'Around the World' night in a few weeks ! They'd be great with bible verses tucked in!

Kip - Wife of one man, mother of the three little pigs

Blog:
    Mom with Muscles

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: My easier than Jayme's fortune cookie instruct

This was formatted and sent to Meg to be a download!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: My easier than Jayme's fortune cookie instruct

So so so cute!
    Amy: Mama to Max and Stella and Certified Professional Midwife