User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sew-A-Long Ottobre Boxer Briefs Morphed into two peice ouchless pattern (lots imgs)

On another planet.. oh wait, I'm actually in MD
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather30 View Post
    Fold the waist band down and zigzag around the waist...

Are you zigzagging below or through the elastic?

I am zigzagging through the elastic - but just through that bottom part. The way that I do it, is I stretch the elastic and stretch the boxer briefs together, I hold it all and just zip around. When you let go, the zig zag will tighten along with the elastic.

By the way, when you serge your elastic onto your boxers, you will end up using a little less elastic than you would if you were encasing it. This is because the serger will stretch the elastic a little. I usually plan on about a half inch to an inch less than the pattern normally would call for. HTH!
    Maria, Mama to Christopher and Gracie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A gorgeous day at the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC
    -------------------------------------

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's exactly how I do mine! With one exception - I zigzag down the serged seams instead of the triple stitch. Thank you so much for taking all of the time to post the sew along
    **Kim**
    Mama to: Malcolm (20), Nigel (16), Sophia (14), Clara (12), Gareth (10), Araminta (8), Lucinda (7), & Tarquin (2).

More Out Than In For 2008!
    2008 Fabric Bought: 96 yards
    2008 Fabric Sewn: 35.25 yards

Downloads
    Uploads
    This was so helpful.
    Thanks for taking the time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where and how does one get a copy of this marvelous pattern?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ottobre 4/04 I believe

Downloads
    Uploads
    What if one doesnt have a triple stitch... my machine is very very simple lol.

Also how would one do the boxer elastic not the encased on this? Could you serge it on? I know I read something about it above but wasnt clear.
    ~Melissa~
    I've been Boo'd

formerly DaisyBug Designs

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a pair with boxer elastic - serged it rs to rs, flipped it up, and then used a stretch stitch to secure it in that position all the way around the waist. I wasn't sure how well I could line it up if I just zigzagged it onto the outside. If that makes ANY sense! The pic isn't close-up enough to really see but here's the pair I did.
    Peggy: Mommy to Brogan (November '04) and Olivia (born at home May '11).
    Step-mom to Emma (September '00). Engaged to Scott.

Expecting a new little person in June.
    Olivia's going to be a big sister!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the sew-a-long. I have been meaning to make some of these. I sure hope I get to it soon....
    Sunny

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBugDesigns View Post
    What if one doesnt have a triple stitch... my machine is very very simple lol.

Also how would one do the boxer elastic not the encased on this? Could you serge it on? I know I read something about it above but wasnt clear.

If you don't have a triple stitch, you could just use a zigzag instead.

I sewed the boxer elastic together to form a circle... then I lined up that elastic to lie on top of the inside edge of the top of the boxers. I held the boxer briefs and the elastic so that both were stretched a bit. Then I serged it such that the elastic was just to the left of the knife and the serger wouldn't actually cut the elastic. When I had gone all around the waist, I flipped the waistband down and then did a zigzag topstitch to hold it in place.

HTH!
    Maria
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I'm a bit late to the boxer briefs party, but have a few questions. What is the "cod" piece? I mean, why is it called that?
    I downloaded the excellently detailed tutorial, so I'll follow that as soon as my Otto 4/04 arrives. I hope it gets here soon!
    So does "cod" stand for something or is it related to fish?
    TIA,
    Lisa
    PhDM to 2 boys

Of those five mama-made garments and hat, only my dh still has his shirt. The rest are long gone. Where? Who knows! But the fact that my dh still has his is just one tiny example of why he's so awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaquilts View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a bit late to the boxer briefs party, but have a few questions. What is the "cod" piece? I mean, why is it called that?
    I downloaded the excellently detailed tutorial, so I'll follow that as soon as my Otto 4/04 arrives. I hope it gets here soon!
    So does "cod" stand for something or is it related to fish?
    TIA,
    Lisa
    LOL This question made me wonder as well. SO I looked it up.
    Here is the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece

Happy reading. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hayward_cs View Post
    LOL This question made me wonder as well. SO I looked it up.
    Here is the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece

Happy reading. LOL
    lol! glad to be 'in the know'
    stacey

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't see anything for there is red x? Is it just me?
    You can find me here most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,

Thanks for the link! wikipedia can be a great resource! So funny and I would never have known if you hadn't shared that link...Thanks hayward_cs!
    PhDM to 2 boys

Of those five mama-made garments and hat, only my dh still has his shirt. The rest are long gone. Where? Who knows! But the fact that my dh still has his is just one tiny example of why he's so awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Sew-A-Long Ottobre Boxer Briefs Morphed into

Can't see the pics! I wanted to do it today, waaah!
    Tamar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    In love with Gavriel since '97
    SAHM to 6 delicious girls and 1 little prince
    ***Nava***

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Potters4 View Post
    I can't see anything for there is red x? Is it just me?
    No pics for me either.

Debbie

Christopher is here! June 10, 2010
    Weighed 7lb 6oz, 21 in long.
    Totally adorable!

Downloads
    Uploads

no pics for me either~~ I want to see it please!
    ~Marilyn~

~~Maui 2011~~

guest Guest

Here's the link to the PDF stored here for this.

http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/downloa...?do=file&id=78

But any pattern can be morphed into a seamless. Your cuts will just be angled on the fabric to accomodate the tapering needed for the hips, rather than straight laying with the ease cut into the seam
    Last edited by Nurianne; 05-11-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: added a title

Downloads
    Uploads

What happened to the pics. I would so follow this since I can't open the ottobre boxer tute in the downloads section.
    Mom to 2. One craft crazed, crunchy - earth
    , off the beaten path, hippy mama
    ISO: Fusible fleece, flexi firm interfacing, Wonder tape, Food fabric

Downloads
    Uploads

If you use this link, you can see the pics!
    http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/downloa...?do=file&id=78
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast