User Tag List

Thread: Sew-A-Long Ottobre Boxer Briefs Morphed into two peice ouchless pattern (lots imgs)

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    What if one doesnt have a triple stitch... my machine is very very simple lol.

Also how would one do the boxer elastic not the encased on this? Could you serge it on? I know I read something about it above but wasnt clear.
    ~Melissa~
    I've been Boo'd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    formerly DaisyBug Designs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On another planet.. oh wait, I'm actually in MD
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBugDesigns View Post
    What if one doesnt have a triple stitch... my machine is very very simple lol.

Also how would one do the boxer elastic not the encased on this? Could you serge it on? I know I read something about it above but wasnt clear.

If you don't have a triple stitch, you could just use a zigzag instead.

I sewed the boxer elastic together to form a circle... then I lined up that elastic to lie on top of the inside edge of the top of the boxers. I held the boxer briefs and the elastic so that both were stretched a bit. Then I serged it such that the elastic was just to the left of the knife and the serger wouldn't actually cut the elastic. When I had gone all around the waist, I flipped the waistband down and then did a zigzag topstitch to hold it in place.

HTH!
    Maria
    Maria, Mama to Christopher and Gracie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A gorgeous day at the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC
    -------------------------------------