User Tag List

Thread: Flat Front/Elastic Back Pants Sewalong -in downlds

Downloads
    Uploads

Flat Front/Elastic Back Pants Sewalong -in downlds

This is my adaptation of flat front/elastic back flares for Maya. My pattern has a curved front waist piece, and the back is all in one. Please ignore my well loved cutting mat, lol

First, sew/serge the two back pieces together. Cut elastic to fit- I normally do about 3/4 of half of the waist- so, for Maya, who has a 21" waist, I use between 8-9" of elastic. Serge the elastic to the back waist.

Tack the elastic to both ends

Sew on the front waistband, and topstitch

Put pants together, right sides facing, so that the back elastic sticks up about the top of the front waistband.

Fold the elastic over the front waistband, like you are closing an envelope

Serge from the bottom of the leg, up to the top,

This is how it will look after you serge:

Flip elastic

Turn pants right side out & topstitch elastic, I normally do three-four rows of elastic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mary,
    momma to Tyler 5-14-03 And Maya 1-19-2001
    and Ciara (kee-ra) 1-14-06

Audrey Rose 4.29.08

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMGosh, Mary! That is genius! Some much nicer than the way I've been doing it! I might actually have a nicer looking pair of flat front pants now going forward! Thank you so much for posting that!
    Rebecca
    Attitudes are contagious...is yours worth catching?
    Mama to my 3 girls and a prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sisters...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonderful, thank you! I'll put it in the sewalongs when I get a spare minute

~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent!
    Camarell the seamstress formally known as Camie
    mama to ACDEFGH ^I^

**ISO Baby Nay Trains Stripe Knit**

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Flat Front/Elastic Back Pants Sewalong

I know this post is old but I just had to say 'Thank-you!!' Such a great tute

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for this tutorial - I didn't know this existed until someone pointed me in this direction... I love this method.
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    I live for that face.

Downloads
    Uploads

boy howdy was I ever doing that the hard way. Thank you for your tute. Maybe now pants wont be such a bother.
    Daff
    Mom to BRI and Katie

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Flat Front/Elastic Back Pants Sewalong -in dow

bumping up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mary,
    momma to Tyler 5-14-03 And Maya 1-19-2001
    and Ciara (kee-ra) 1-14-06

Audrey Rose 4.29.08

Downloads
    Uploads

Fabulous, thank you!!!

~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I'm attempting some this week and this will make it much easier.
    Patricia ~ sahm to 7 year old DD

My little green belt. (Time really flies, already a red belt.)

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you!!
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is lovely! Thanks!
    Rebecca, Mom to Cai (07/05),Jonah (04/07), Shiloh (01/09)and wife to Sheldon (05/03).

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you so much!

Downloads
    Uploads

I had no idea that this existed as well. How fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing
    Heather, Mama to Jacob (6) and Elwood (4)
    Blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    I've got to try it right now.