User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owned one?

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought a Platinum 950E and the Huskylock 936. I love them so far. I haven't used the embroidery yet, but can't wait to get started.

I had a Huskystar C20 and a White serger before I bought these and the difference is out of this world. Huskystar's are designed by Husqvarna but made by Singer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Viking Rose, and openly covet my sis's Designer I (with all the bells and whistles). I love my machine, and as soon as I can afford one, I'll probably purchased a used Designer I w/o trading in my Rose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have the h/v emerald 118- i paid too much (it seems) and i should have done a lot more research b/f i bought this. this machine would be great for, say, your dd or kid sister to learn on- but for my purposes it doesn't perform consistently. i have had it serviced 3 times in the past 1 1/2 years and i'm simply not happy anymore with this machine.
    ~~~k'reen~~~ proud and happy wife to Clark, mama to keoni, (b. june 2003), holden, (b. nov 2006), & sawyer (b. nov 2008)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a Janome 9700 and have had it for 1 year now. It has been a great machine so far. I have really enjoyed my machine and being creative. The sewing center where it was purchased holds a monthly meeting and the demonstrator shows us tips. I love the free support and everyone brings projects that they are working on. So it has been great fun!
    I'm going to be a grandma in August. 1st Grandchild!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owne

I have the Freesia 425 which is not made anymore. The IRIS is one step up from this machine. I wish I had gotten the IRIS - about the same price - and a few more decorative stitches. Oh well....you learn. However...I've had my Freesia for around 7 years now and NOT ONCE has it been in the shop for repairs.
    Debi

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't ever over look a vintage. I don't do embroidery or very many fancy stitches but I inherited a Husky/Viking 6460 from the 1980's and I have never had any want for more. I know my mom paid a lot of money for it new but it is such a work horse and has lasted all these years with a lot of use, I just can't say enough. Also when I first got it, I had the viking dealer go over it and tune it up, he said this was a great model and to keep it going because it is a problem free model and one of the last ones really built in sweden.
    The best part, they sell on ebay all the time for around $50!
    Mom to Myles (7), Charlotte (4), and Alice (1), oh, and DH of course, the biggest kid of all.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an Emerald 183 I've had for several months. I LOVE it! I also have a Huskylock 905 I've had for about 4-5 years and I've never had any problems. It's a workhorse. I bought it to make diapers and it was the only one after trying out several that could handle all the layers in a diaper soaker. It sews through them like nothing, no hesitation or skipping.
    Wendy, mom to 3 big boys and a baby girl

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a designer se le that was purchased a year ago, I love her. She was a trade up from an inherited lily 545, which I also loved (just wanted the emb capabilities) and a few months ago a 936 replaced my bl serger. I have been eying vintage hv on CL and Ebay for a while now too, so as soon as the right one comes along at the right time I'll round out my vintage collection a bit, heh heh.
    Sarah, mama to Riley (95), Mason (96), and Taite, the ragamuffin (05)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    and the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12