I have owned the Brother Innovis 400nxQ and really liked it. It sewed wonderfully and was a great upgrade from my mechanical machine. I upgraded it recently to the Brother Innovis 1500D. It does both embroidery and regular sewing. The machine has disney designs built in. I am also very happy with this machine. The feature i am especially happy with is that it connects to my computer via USB.
I have found no cons with either machine.

edit: Since making this post I have added two more Brother Machines to my sewing room, the PC-210 and the Innovis 1200.
The PC-210 is at the lower end of their metal geared machines, and I am very pleased with it. It sews quietly, has an auto threader, winds bobbins quick, and just generally does a good job. It is my back up sewing only machine, I use it while both of my other machines are embroidering.
I am not as pleased with the Innovis 1200 as I am with my 1500D, but there is a huge gap between the two machines so it is understandable. I am so use to having everything clearly layed out for me on the screen that the 1200's LCD with minimal information gets on my nerves.
The hoops take a bit getting use to, but all in all it sews well and the embroidery it does is fabulous.

I am very happy with my Brother machines. I would not buy low end Brother (IE: nylon geared machines), but will buy their high end machines over and over.