User Tag List

Thread: Brother experience centre - ever owned one?

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currenly have the Brother NX400 and love it. It is the equivalent to the Babylock Decorator's Choice and has lots of decorative stitches as well as several types of buttons holes and other functional stitched. It has 3 alphabets aslo. TH biggest issue I have with it is the thread "nests" I get at the beginning of a seam. That is easy to fix by holding the bobbin thread taut as you begin to sew. I seem to forget to do that half of the time. My auto thread cutter has also went caput on me but it's not a big enough problem to take it in to be fixe until my next maintanence trip. It's also pretty picky abuot lint in the bobbin compartment so keep that clean.

I own the 180D embroidery machine also. It seems to be a good basic machine but I rarely use it.

I use to own and love the 139D serger. It was a great work horse and I only got rid of it because my XH broke sevaral peices of it and it would have cost to much to repair.
    Michelle,
    Wife to 1, Mama to 4.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also own the 180-D and would love to have a larger embroidery field. I absolutely love it use it much more than I thought I would. I bought it thinking that it would be good to have for the occasional times when I "may" want to embroider something and because my husband encouraged me to get it. But I think that embroidering on items is just addictive. I have covered holes in my girls clothing and embroidered towels for wedding gifts, Christmas, etc. I think that what I mostly like about having it is that it's its own separate machine and I don't have to switch from embroidery to regular sewing when I can do both at the same time.

Dawn