User Tag List

Thread: 6way top/dress sewalong

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

6way top/dress sewalong

Bumping this one, maybe someone maybe interested now that we're in the sewalong mood. Meg, does it count for the contest?
    While doing this I decided that I'm the worst sew-alonger in the world, so I don't know if it would be useful at all but if you're handy you could at least use the pics as hints. Good luck!

BEFORE STARTING:

• *This top is inspired on the great idea on http://www.fertilemind.com.au/. As I never have seen one of those IRL I have not idea if they are the same thing or not, but it works pretty nice for me
      *I use a 36b bra and a large size on tops, as a reference. Most of measures are just the product of wrapping fabric around me and calculating.
      * Best results are achieved using very light and stretchy fabric for the "wings" part. It has to be aslinky fabric as well to be able to "drape" it around your body with a fluid look. I used a cotton gauze at first and it was hard to adjust. For this second try I used a super stretchy poly/lycra from the $2 table at WM and it worked LOTS better. Fabric can be see-through, as your body will be covered by the shirt and boob tube. It's recommended to choose a fabric without "bad" side, as it will be visible with certain styles of tying.
      *For the body and "boob tube" I used cotton interlock and ribknit whit good results, as I like breathable fabrics. Just consider the amount of stretch of the fabric when measuring and cutting your pieces
      *You can use the same fabric for all the garnment, or use contrasting fabrics as I did
    Last edited by catalabella; 07-13-2007 at 07:40 AM.