User Tag List

Thread: DPN/Crochet Hook Roll Sew-Along

Downloads
    Uploads

DPN/Crochet Hook Roll Sew-Along

The finished dimensions of this roll are approximately 10"x8" and fit most standard DPN's and crochet hooks. You can easily adapt this to accomodate longer needles.

Materials Needed:
    2 pieces of fabric cut to 10.5"x10.5" for inner & outer of roll
    1 piece of fabric cut to 5.5"x10.5" for pocket
    iron-on interfacing, approx 9.5"x9.5"
    23" piece of ribbon

1. Hem long edge of pocket and iron interfacing onto back of inner fabric.

2. Place pocket on top of inner fabric, aligning bottom and side edges.

3. Mark lines for needle slots. You can customize the slots to your liking, but I used the following measurements for mine: 1.5", 1.25", 1", 1", .75", .75", 1", 1.5", 1.75"

4. Sew lines. I start my lines at the stitches for the pocket hem. Backstitch until you are just barely over the pocket edge and then sew forward to the bottom. Clip threads.

5. Put outer fabric and inner fabric together, right sides facing. Stitch all sides together leaving an opening up top for turning.

6. Trim corners and turn square right side out. Fold seam allowances at opening in, pin and press.

7. Stitch around entire square close to the edge (I use the 1/8" mark on my machine).
    8. Fold top flap down, press and pin. I make my flaps about 1.75", but you can customize this to fit your needles.

9. Stitch along flap fold very near edge (I use the inner edge of my presser foot as my guide, so somewhere between the needle and the 1/8" mark).
    10. With outer fabric facing up, pin ribbon approx 4" from bottom. I usually make the right side of the ribbon longer than the left (13" and 10") to make tying the bow easier.

11. Attach ribbon by stitching along the seam line of your roll.
    12. Fold in thirds, wrap ribbon around and tie bow.

This is my first sew along, so if I've missed anything or if you have any questions, please ask!!
    Aimee
    Mama to 3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your explanations and photos are perfect! Thank you so much for doing this. I'm going to try to make one this week.

Tara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much. You did such a nice job. I'm thinking I'll have to put aside my knitting to make one of these.
    Debbie mom to Ashley & Ethan.

mela Guest

Pics from our "Hannah and Mommy" afternoon out :)

What a perfect sew-along! Great photos and descriptions

Sarah

Bellychaser Guest
    Great sew along