Pattern Manufacturer
    Ottobre design
    Pattern Name/Number
    04/2007 #20- skirt
    Pattern Description
    Corduroy skirt
    Which view and size did you make?
    n/a
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    I made a few changes, but it looks very much like the line drawing. I made a denim skirt instead of a corduroy skirt.
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    I even liked the order of the instructions. Often, I do things in a little different order in Otto, but these were perfect.
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    This makes a great detailed skirt. The odd turn in the waist and hem fit together perfectly. This pattern is pretty curvy and has a lot of angles, but the waist and hem folded down beautifully.
    Fabric used
    Denim and cotton print lining
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    I added length so that it would be a little longer. My daughter measures a size 92-98 for waist (116 for length), and I thought I could get away with the 110 since it has an elastic waist. The design is a bit wide for her. If you have a skinny kid, you will need to cut it down just a bit. I added extra topstitching down the sides to make all seams topstitched. I also made an elastic casing for the elastic. My daughter's waist has been going up and down thanks to a growing spurt. I wanted to be able to adjust the elastic if needed. I used 3/4" elastic and the regular fold line for the waistband.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional comments
    -
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    -

Last edited by sewingmel; 10-30-2012 at 11:41 PM.