Pattern Manufacturer
    Ottobre design
    Pattern Name/Number
    04/2009 #22- skirt
    Pattern Description
    "Daisy Stripes" reversible knit skirt
    Which view and size did you make?
    size 110 with extra length
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    The instructions were easy to understand. However, I had trouble following the instructions. The waistband and hem band were a little too short (or my fabric was too stretchy). It could have been either one. I did let my fabric rest before I cut it, but it may have still stretched.
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    The pattern is cute, but you really need to use two like knits. I used interlock and cotton lycra, and they were tricky to sew.
    Fabric used
    cotton interlock, cotton lycra, and baby cord
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    Cut your bands a little longer than suggested. Since they are rectangles, it won't matter if you have to cut them down. Use wondertape or a glue stick for the bottom band, and that part will be very easy.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional comments
    This is a fun, basic skirt that can quickly add to a girl's wardrobe. I didn't find it as quick and easy as the pattern suggested, but, given other conditions, it might be easier. I am not a big fan of sewing knits on a sewing machine, but you need to do a lot of sewing and basting on the sewing machine for this pattern.

This is a GREAT pattern for people who do not own a serger. You can easily sew this entire skirt on a sewing machine and have it look great.
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    not yet

Last edited by sewingmel; 10-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.