User Tag List

Thread: Color Your Summer inspiration:

Downloads
    Uploads

Color Your Summer inspiration:

pdf - link: http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/downloa...do=file&id=608

http://sewingmamaraeanna.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html

This is my tutorial for a baby toy that you can use up your fabric stash!!! I posted the directions below but it's not much help without pictures so I made a pdf and uploaded it into the downloads!!!

IMG_4835 by RaeAnnaSun, on Flickr

the Color Ball Pillow Tutorial!

Step 1 - cut out 12 of the pattern - just free hand the shape below

I used a cute black and white fat quarter in my stash!

Step 2 - cut out 12 circles - it doesn't matter if they're not perfect. I think mine were about 8" in diameter

Step 3 - take 3 of your triangle shaped pattern pieces and with right sides together, sew down the sides but not in the circle indent

After you've sewn 2 together, place the 3rd piece right sides with the center triangle

Here you can see what the wrong side looks like all sewn together. Also notice that the hole is open in the side seam.

Repeat these steps with each set of 3 triangles!

Step 4 - take one of the circles and with right sides together, you're going to slowly bunch together the circle to the circular hole in the side seam

You'll end up with it looking all bunched up like this

Push it through to the wrong side

With the raw edges lined up, sew the rest of the circle closed.

Repeat these steps with all the circles!!!!

Step 5 - Now, take one group of 3 triangles and place them right sides together with another. This is going to make one half of your ball! You'll need to sew 2 more circles into this half of the ball. Repeat with the other sets of 3 triangles

OK, so now you have both halves!

Step 6 - put your halves right sides together and sew all along the edge but leave a 4" opening to stuff!!!

Step 7 - Stuff your ball! Sew the opening closed after you fill it to your liking! Stuff in some jingle bells, cellophane paper, squeaker toys, etc. to make it even more exciting!

Now I'll have to get some pictures of Eva Mae playing with it! She's going to love pulling on each little "spike" and as she grows we can talk about colors and patterns too!!!!
    Last edited by mom2a2z; 06-04-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: approved file in the downloads so it's accessible now :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Married to Nick (2002), handsome boy C (2009), beautiful girl E (2011)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Color Your Summer inspiration:

Cute! Thanks.
    Leah - wife to 1, mama to 8

Also co-manager of lots of:

and goats (where's the goat smilie?)

In a house, on a street, in Ontario Canada
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's super cute! What is Color your summer?
    Stacey 44, mom to Kyle 26, Kayli 22 Thomas 17, Brynn 7 and Michael and Hope my two angels.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is at the blog Delia Creates and Kojo Designs! I think I have the link in my blog post!

Married to Nick (2002), handsome boy C (2009), beautiful girl E (2011)