Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
Simplicity
Pattern Name/Number
Pattern Description
Daisy Kingdom pattern featuring dress, top, capri pants, and bag
Which view and size did you make?
Dress- size 8 with length added
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
If not, why?
-
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
If not, why?
-
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I lengthened the dress by a couple of inches. Because of the handkerchief hemline, that meant lengthening two sides of underskirt, which means much more fabric since my layout to cut out was not like the pattern suggestion because of the increased width/length of skirts. I like the bodice trim, skipped the bow though. Figured it would need to be ironed after washing and I think my DD prefers it without the bow. The dress is easier than it looks but it does take time because of the amount of fabric you are dealing with.
Fabric used
Cotton woven/quiliting
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Lengthened it by two inches to be sure she had some growing room in it. I used wonder under tape for the hemming. Ending up using a whole roll and then some to do that. Also, when transferring the lines to the back piece, be sure to do that on the right side of the fabric. Be sure you mark those center marks also on the bodice to be sure you have the pieces crossed at the correct width. If not when you go sew the trim on, you will realize you made a mistake and will have to fix it.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
I have it cut out for my 5yr old DD too. Hoping to get it done today(end of stash game). But after that, I doubt I will make it again but it is a great stash buster because of the amount of fabric needed. I will SNS after today when I have time to post pics.
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-