Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix
Pattern Name/Number
Olivia - MODIFIED
Pattern Description
The pinafore dress OLIVIA is really two dresses: An easy-to-sew under dress and a wonderfully versatile pinafore. The under dress is slightly flared and has a long hood, which can be knotted twice, and is adorned with a fun sweatshirt-type pocket. The under dress may cut short for summer or longer for cooler seasons. Recommended fabrics are light to medium weight knits. The under dress is suitable for beginners, however the tracing of pattern pieces may require some concentration.

The pinafore can be made opening either in the front or the back. The pinafore works well without the under dress over jeans, slacks or leggings. The design includes an optional hem casing through which a ribbon or cord can cinch the hem creating a slight balloon effect.
Which view and size did you make?
the under dress
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No
If not, why?
I modified the pattern to not have such a curvy flare at the bottom. I wanted it slightly more form fitting
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
If not, why?
-
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Sometimes I think it's just too curvy at the bottom.
Fabric used
Interlock
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I measured the bottom line on the pattern (hemline) and subtracted 20% off that length of line. Determined the new width of the hemline and then re-drew the line starting about from the waist down. The result - a dress that is not so curvy. It is still full, but the edges don't stick out, it drapes better, IMO.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
There are soooo many ways you can alter this pattern (the underdress). Just play with it!!
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-