Pattern Manufacturer
    Jalie
    Pattern Name/Number
    3136, View A
    Pattern Description
    Ballet leotard
    Which view and size did you make?
    View A, size 4
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    I found the instructions to be a bit sparse. I also found it awkward that the text and illustrations are separate.
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    The end results look just like, or better than, the overpriced rtw leotards from the dance boutique.
    Fabric used
    90% cotton, 10% lycra jersey
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    I lined (interlined) the front bottom piece. Next time, I'll line the entire front and the back. I serged the leg openings of the lined fronts together before applying the elastic. This made them much easier to work with since I didn't have to fiddle with two layers at once.
    Next time, I may use elastic in the neck binding to prevent it from stretching out over time. I finished my neck binding with a double needle. It looks great now, but doesn't allow the neck to stretch quite enough to get it on an off easily. Next time, I'll use a plain old zig zag to finish the binding.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional comments
    Love this pattern, and the results. I do not love that almost every. single. pattern piece is cut on the fold. It took me forever to cut this out. Next size I trace, I'll make sure to trace at least a few pieces whole, rather than on the fold.
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    Last edited by TriMama; 02-20-2012 at 12:02 PM.