User Tag List

Thread: Ottobre 5/2009- Panties Sew Along- Day 1

Downloads
    Uploads

Ottobre 5/2009- Panties Sew Along- Day 1

Day 1
    Pattern-Ottobre 5/2009
    -about half a yard of cotton jersey, rayon jersey, bamboo jersey, or fine (not too stretchy) rib knit
    -1/2" elastic
    -1/4" elastic or 1/2" fold over elastic (the pattern calls for elastic, but I always use foe)
    -if you are sensitive, you may also want a scrap of white cotton jersey for the crotch

Step 1: Determine Size. I found this pattern to be accurate for sizing. Use your body measurements to determine the correct size.
    http://www.ottobredesign.com/en/prin...charts2004.pdf
    Step 2: Trace pattern
    Step 3: Add seam allowance where needed (side seams and bottom edges of crotch). Don't add a seam allowance to any edge that will be bound in foe. If you are using elastic for the leg openings, you will need to add 1/4" seam allowance to the leg openings on all three pieces.

**If you have a pair of undies that fit you well, check the crotch gusset piece against your undies. If you are comfortable with adjusting patterns, you can adjust the pattern as needed now to narrow or widen the crotch slightly. Do NOT worry if they seem too tall. We will adjust the rise later in this sew along.

The crotch gusset pattern piece was a pretty close match to my favorite pair of undies. I suggest making the pattern as written the first time. It gives a good to great fit to many body sizes and types. You can then make slight adjustments to perfect the fit to your body. Until you know how this will fit you, do not cut out 20 pairs of panties. That is a sure way to know that you will need to adjust the pattern.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My gluten-free blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Ottobre 5/2009- Panties Sew Along- Day 1

yay! Can't wait to get started
    Jess - Part time K teacher and full time Mom to 2 beautiful girls and one handsome boy, living on a dairy farm with the man of my dreams!

my sewing blog

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, so I traced by pattern according to my measurements but they seem HUGE! I traced a 46 and wear a 12 in rtw...does this make sense?
    Jess - Part time K teacher and full time Mom to 2 beautiful girls and one handsome boy, living on a dairy farm with the man of my dreams!

my sewing blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't forget that you have seam allowances included, and you will add elastic. If they look huge rise wise, we will adjust that later. If you went by measurements, then I would trust it.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-

My gluten-free blog-