User Tag List

Thread: Boxers from Boxers (without taking a pair apart)DL

Downloads
    Uploads

Boxers from Boxers (without taking a pair apart)DL

All 3 of our littles are picky about their unders, once we find ones that fit well and they like, I try to make as many as I can. *Sometimes* I can get store bought that they like- here is how I create the pattern used to make more of what they like.

Please note, this can be used for any boxer brief pattern, not just store bought ones.

To start you'll need paper (whatever you use to trace on) pen/pencil or marker and cutting instrument, as well as the boxers to base the pattern off of.

Lay the boxers flat- front facing up and trace the center panel- seams and all

Next, leaving the boxers facing up, trace from the center panel to the side edge, do not cut this out yet

Next, flip the boxers over so the back is facing up, place the tracing from the front side panel against the back edge of the boxers and trace to the center of the back

Tape the pieces for the front side panel and half back side together, if necessary- you now have your pattern, which will be cut on the fold (back)

Cut out your fabric, using your pattern. Cut one each of the center panel and one on the fold of the front side and rear pieces. Also, cut a waist band for encased elastic or a piece of underwear elastic or FOE for the waist. Pictured is FOE.

I used white top thread and black bobbin thread, so it would be easier to see the seams. These can easily be serged as well.

Zig zag or serge the front center panel to main body piece- right sides together- on both sides of the center panel (pictured- the seam on the left is already done, on the right is the opposite side being stitched)

Once each side of the center panel is done, turn the briefs right side out and top stitch the center seams. Be sure to flip the seam in the same direction on both sides (not a huge deal, but cosmetically it matters)

Turn the briefs inside out and stitch the crotch area.
    I use stitch "M" on my machine

Turn them right side out and top stitch the legs

Add FOE to the waist, add the size/care tags now as well.

Finished product. DS2 said the store boughts were a little big, so I didn't add seam allowance to the new ones.

If anything is unclear, please let me know.
    Last edited by Mamaof3; 02-10-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Boxers from Boxers (without taking a pair apar

Very nice tutorial!
    Jenn
    ~ full time working mom to a 7 yo dd, 9 yo ds, 11 yo ds, and 12 yo dd -- with a homeschooling dh!

I (used to) blog at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. And thank you for checking it out

Downloads
    Uploads

Love this!
    My sweeties! Tristan and Josie, age SEVEN! They grow so fast...