User Tag List

Thread: Bias Tape Maker Tutorial - in downloads

Downloads
    Uploads

Bias Tape Maker Tutorial - in downloads

I like making my own bias tape, that way i can have exactly what i want. I use a 1" bias tape maker, but the technique is the same no matter which one you use.

Step 1 - Get yourself a bias tape maker, you can buy them in Joann's, i found mine in the quilting section of notions (not the regular notions wall).

Step 2 - Cut a bunch of bias strips. For my 1" bias tape maker you cut 1 3/4" bias strips.

Step 3 - Take your pile of strips to the sewing machine.

Step 4 - Pin strips right sides together at a 90 degree angle (i actually don't pin i just hold them together).

Step 5 - Sew a 1/4" seam diagonally across the corner .

Step 6 - Press the seam out flat.

Step 7 - Feed one end of your strip, wrong side up, into the bias tape maker. Use a pin to help guide it down through.

Step 8 - Pull the end of the fabric slowly out and it will be folded in on itself.

Step 9 - Now press well as you go, I use plenty of steam and just go slow so each part is pressed very well.

Step 10 - Once you have your whole strip done from step 9, then press in 1/2 again to make your double fold. Again i press very well w/ lots of steam. VOILA you are done. I wrap it around a scrap piece of cardboard to keep it nice and flat.
    Sarah
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Wife to John & mommy to princesses Faith & Olivia

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Bias Tape Maker Tutorial

I have to get one of these! I just bought bias tape for my first project. I didn't know I could make my own! ;)
    Thanks for showing me this and how to use it!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Bias Tape Maker Tutorial

Great tute!!! thanks a bunch!
    Mirza
    Mommy to three kids, DS (2002), DD (2003), and DD (2007)

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Bias Tape Maker Tutorial - in downloads

Thanks for posting!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Bias Tape Maker Tutorial - in downloads

Very great tute!
    Michele
    Mama to Kayla, 23; Jake, 19; Katie, 13 and Dakota, 11