User Tag List

Thread: Adding a pouch to grocery bag (chico bag style) DL

Downloads
    Uploads

Adding a pouch to grocery bag (chico bag style) DL

Rochelle - mama to Finn, Ben, Josh & Cate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Adding a pouch to a grocery bag (chico bag sty

Thanks for making this it looks great. What type of fabric did you use? I made one up last night with quilting cotton, and a much larger pouch, and my bag wouldn't fit in the pouch? Just wondering if you have any secrets how you got your bag to fit in such a small pouch. I think I will try your tute tonight. Thanks again.
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericaeli View Post
    Thanks for making this it looks great. What type of fabric did you use? I made one up last night with quilting cotton, and a much larger pouch, and my bag wouldn't fit in the pouch? Just wondering if you have any secrets how you got your bag to fit in such a small pouch. I think I will try your tute tonight. Thanks again.
    The solid orange was a slightly better than broadcloth cotton, and the print orange is actually a really horrid feeling fabric that was labeled 'cotton', but I got for 1.50$/meter, and have long doubted it's cotton content! It's stiffer than quilting cottons, but not really thicker.

I do not try to fold the bag in any way, just cram it in there! I also traced a bag from our smaller local market, so it may be smaller than a big chain store's plastic bags.

I did think that making the pouch from knit would give a bit of stretch & allow for bulkier bags to be crammed in ... but didn't try that. Since I have a coop order's worth of Flip & Tumble bags on the way, I'm not sure how many more bags I should make myself, but I may try the knit one next week.
    Rochelle - mama to Finn, Ben, Josh & Cate

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! A knit is actually a great idea especially one with some lycra in it.
    Last edited by ericaeli; 11-11-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Removed most of post
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009

Downloads
    Uploads

great tutorial!!!!
    ~~Michelle~~

Downloads
    Uploads

I love it!

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! I love my Chico bags, but they keep disappearing.
    Sarah -- mama of Owen - 5.05 & Elsie - 2.14.08

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Rochelle. I'll have to try this next time I make a shopping bag!

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!

guest Guest

Re: Adding a pouch to grocery bag (chico bag style

Thanks! A friend of mine just asked me how I would make a chico bag--so your timing is perfect for me to just print this and say HERE is how someone else did it! She's brilliant... so tahdah!

I totally "second" the votes for the pocket to be made out of a knit or something with stretch. It just seems it would work well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, very cool, Ro!
    Faithful is He who calls you, who will also do it. ~1Thes. 5:24

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks great. Can't wait to try it out.
    Melanie - 4 boys (13,12,9,7) Girly 2.5 & Phillip born safely at home Sept. 17
    [