User Tag List

Thread: Double Cuff/Bracelet - Full Tute now in Downloads

Downloads
    Uploads

Double Cuff/Bracelet - Full Tute now in Downloads

***ETA: Fully uploaded to the free patterns section: http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/downloa...do=file&id=539 NOT here due to board issues Kelly's working on ... can't get it to attach***

Photos are coming tonight when I get to work on this again -- there's a daycarebaby napping in the sewing room.

But, if you want to play with this right now:

Measure the wrist of the intended wearer (= X)

Cut 2 pieces of your main fabric to ‘X’ long, by a hair over 2” wide.
    Fold as for double fold bias tape (center, then fold long edges to center), press.
    **if you wish to embellish, do so now before you close up these strips**

Cut 2 pieces of interfacing to be ‘X’ long, by a hair under 1/2” wide.
    Straightness matters, use a rotary cutter & your ruler.
    Insert into your pressed ‘X’ long pieces, and press.
    Edge stitch both strips on each long edge.

Cut your coordinating fabric into 4 squares 2” x 2”
    Cut 2 pieces of interfacing 1.5” x 1.5”
    Press Interfacing to center of 2 squares.
    Stitch RST one interfaced square to one plain square, on 3 sides, leaving one open, stich on very edge of interfacing.
    Repeat with other pair, on edge opposite opening pin & secure elastic for button loop.
    Turn, press, fold open edge under, press.

Insert raw ends of X long strips fully into open edge of square, push right to the stitched edge. Equally space them, pin & top stitch entire square to close opening & finish ends.

Sew Button onto square that does not have button loop.

You’re done!
    Last edited by SynEpona; 11-06-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    Rochelle - mama to Finn, Ben, Josh & Cate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Double Cuff/Bracelet (no photos, text only)

Awesome!

I am thinking my pre-teen neices might like this as well as the 17 year old.
    Samantha (Sam) Wife to Gregory
    Mama to Tyler (20y 10m) Torri (18y 10.5m) Bria (6y 9m) Cecilia (5y 4m) Delilah (2y 8m) 3 littles in mama design & made

Downloads
    Uploads

Yay! Thanks for doing this. I'm looking forward to the pics.
    Leah - wife to 1, mama to 8

Also co-manager of lots of:

and goats (where's the goat smilie?)

Downloads
    Uploads

super! i was hoping for a tute on this... is it like the one katieduds linked in her thread for preteens?
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/60420933...=fp_treasury_4
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"] ISO: japanese woven colorful heggies and Amy Butler Pink Coriander

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by plainjanesews View Post
    super! i was hoping for a tute on this... is it like the one katieduds linked in her thread for preteens?
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/60420933...=fp_treasury_4
    Should be close ... at least my interpretation of it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update: (also in OP)
    http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/downloa...do=file&id=539
    It's now in the free patterns section.

Downloads
    Uploads

awesome!!

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!