User Tag List

Thread: picot edge binding tute - in downloads

Downloads
    Uploads

picot edge binding tute - in downloads

I love this way of finishing necklines and sleeves and they are easy to do as well.

1. Get the pattern ready, mine is a crossover modified otto top.

2. place picot edge elastic and fabric panel, right side together aligining them at the edge. then VERY SLIGHTLY stretching the elastic, serge/sew the picot edge elastic to the fabric.

3. this is the stitching close up, you want to get as close as possible to the top edge (the deco trim part).

4. flip it to the wrong side, topstitch, steam/iron and you are done.

5. for sleeve edges, this is a matter of preference. i like finishing edges this way aka sewing binding to form a tube because uneven edges/seam is one of my pet peeves and i can eliminate it this way. i cut the picot edge and sew it to form a tube. then repeat 2 - 4 above.
    **the easier way to do this especially on sleeves edges that are too small is to sew the picot edge on the sleeve edge, flip and topstitch, then sew the sleeve seam shut. but this way is just my preference.

6. this pic shows the sleeve seam and how there is no uneven seam on the picot edge.

7. same method of applying sleeve picot edging can be applied to sewing picot edging neckline as shown here.

thanks! and hope this helps someone.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: picot edge binding tute

Oh that looks fabulous! Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Love this! I can't believe I've never finished a neckline like this before - it's so pretty! Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!

Downloads
    Uploads

wow, that's really nice!!
    Jacki, wife to Doug, SAHM to three girls, two boys.
    aldousmom on Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks so nice. I need to try this. Thanks Aida!
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009

Downloads
    Uploads

really pretty! thank you.
    davi

~time out of mind

mama to sadie fay(6/14/06) and mira isis(4/13/09)

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Very pretty!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice tute, thanks.
    One question, how do you overlap the ends (like on a regular neckline) so that the ends don't show/fray? Thanks.
    Sarah

Wife to John & mommy to princesses Faith & Olivia

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks so much!
    Kyle

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SGRAHA View Post
    Very nice tute, thanks.
    One question, how do you overlap the ends (like on a regular neckline) so that the ends don't show/fray? Thanks.
    i sew the tube with a very short stitch, it will fray the first time but i just snip it and its good then. i dont know if fray check will solve it but i've never had an issue with it showing. HTH
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

You do love your picot edges so I am so glad you shared it with us. It actually looks really easy so I am off to see if I have any picot elastic now...
    Ask me how to drink coffee + Lose Weight or Improve Mental Performance Also ISO Mamu Lena & Farbenmix Vida/Antonia/Drunter & Druber