User Tag List

Thread: Pleating/Pleater Board - in downloads

Downloads
    Uploads

Pleating/Pleater Board - in downloads

Like a whole lot of other people, I was in LOVE with Andy's pleater board on Project Runway this week. I searched online for tutorials on how to make one, and I decided to give it a try. The biggest problem with the tutorials out there is that they tell you to score all on one side. Paper only wants to fold on the scored side so I couldn't get my first one to work. I figured out a faster and easier way to score and fold, and I took pictures of the process.

I hope you enjoy! This is such a better way to pleat fabric! I am never going back to pleating by hand.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My gluten-free blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Pleating/Pleater Board

Whoooo Hooooo! Thanks Mel!!

rf
    Sewing Up the Stash in 2014!

No. New. Fabric. Must. Use. Stash. (And this time I mean it!)

Neglecting my blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Perfect! Thanks Mel
    My sweeties! Tristan and Josie, age SEVEN! They grow so fast...

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm almost done with mine, and I found it to be REALLY easy! Definitely worth making your own, vs. paying the 30 bucks to order one
    My sweeties! Tristan and Josie, age SEVEN! They grow so fast...

Downloads
    Uploads

You are so awesome, Mel !

Kip - Wife of one man, mother of the three little pigs

Blog:
    Mom with Muscles

Downloads
    Uploads

You rock, Mel! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow that is one awesome tute! It looks nice and sturdy, too. I'm thinking I might lightly score a straight edge with the blunt object somewhere in the middle of the board after it's done, to help keep me super straight.

thanks bunches!!

Downloads
    Uploads

That's a great tutorial. When would you probably use this? I mean, for what type of projects would you be making so many pleats?
    Jenn
    ~ full time working mom to a 7 yo dd, 9 yo ds, 11 yo ds, and 12 yo dd -- with a homeschooling dh!

I (used to) blog at

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Very cool - thanks!
    Brenda
    Momma to Mallory

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by suprneko View Post
    Wow that is one awesome tute! It looks nice and sturdy, too. I'm thinking I might lightly score a straight edge with the blunt object somewhere in the middle of the board after it's done, to help keep me super straight.

thanks bunches!!
    Personally, I wouldn't score the other way. If you want a straight line, you could draw one on there.

That's a great tutorial. When would you probably use this? I mean, for what type of projects would you be making so many pleats?
    Working on a project after Anakin's costume. I will post a tutorial of it when I finish. You don't have to make a TON of pleats to use it. It would work for anything that needs uniform pleats.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-

My gluten-free blog-

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the great tutorial. I am new at sewing and found this soooo helpful!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Super AWESOME tutorial! Thanks for doing it!
    Sarah

Wife to John & mommy to princesses Faith & Olivia

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Pleating/Pleater Board - in downloads

I'm planning to make this tonight and then do a new wristlet with a pleated panel ... if not tonight, tomorrow. (Totally procrastinating on finishing winter jackets!)
    Rochelle - mama to Finn, Ben, Josh & Cate