Alternative title - How to send yourself bonkers by diving in at the deep end.

I can see that this isn't that difficult a pattern, had I sticked to a heavier weight fabric. The undershirt sewed up beautifully in baby pink California knit (crafty mamas). The over shirt however in Toptex Sheer Euro Knit (crafty mamas again) while looking lovely, was a challenge to sew as it didn't respond well to the coverstitch. I ended up supporting the neckline hems with interfacing and doing the majority of the stitching on my regular machine. I quite like the end result as the neckline isn't stretched out and sits beautifully.

I realise I am repeating myself slightly .... but this topic will cover the entire outfit.

So first we have the undershirt. I kept the hem to 1inch rather than 2, because I like these tops long. bound neckline and armholes because I detest the elastic method that ottobre is in love with right now.

Pink undershirt by Datcat, on Flickr

And now the overshirt ..... Hem also kept to 1 inch. Again with the elastic business. I went with old fashioned gathering by hand .... how ancient am I.

finished outfit by Datcat, on Flickr

Summary: its a lovely outfit, very comfortable to wear. the shoulder seams sit on the back of the shoulders rather than the top which I thought was my fault until going back and looking at the image in the magazine, and it appears thats the way its meant to be. I think another tunic in a heavier weight knit may be a good option, as it means I can use my coverstitch, but that can wait til its slightly colder.