This is a great pattern to sew, very easy. You would have thought when I was tracing it I would have realized that it is actually a dress with a tunic you wear over the top. But I didn't. Once I began cutting out of the fabric I realized this! I didn't have matching fabric on hand so I had to improvise. I cut the tunic bodice as is and then cut the bodice front for the dress. I hemmed it and just included it with the tunic bodice front like it was one piece. It worked really well! Also, when cutting the skirt portion, I used the cuttin gline for the dress and added 6 inches. It seemed short at the time so I figured if it wasn't I could just cut some off once I got it sewn up. But once I tried it on I realized that either: a) I am really too tall for this dress or b) the dress is too short! I didn't take off any of the length. I would suspect it's a combination of the 2.

As for the fit of the dress. it fits great now. The bodice is right on, it's not too revealing. My only problem though is that this isn't that flattering on me so I have to wear a belt! I am 5' 9 and about a size 12 and it looked mumu-ish.