This is how I interpret the Otto instructions for a snap placket. It might not be the *right* way, but it works for me.

This style placket is on the polo shirts in both Otto 1/09 and 1/10.

Cut out all pieces as instructed

Transfer pattern markings to RIGHT side of shirt front and WRONG side of placket piece.

(apply interfacing to placket piece and then finish raw edges. I don't finish the top edge as it ends up inside the collar.)

Put a pin thru the mark for the bottom of the placket opening on the placket (wrong side up).

Stick the end of that pin thru the mark on the shirt front.

Match your marks at the top/collar.

Pin it all in place.

Sew. I set my needle 2 spaces right of center, so I can line up center with my marked line and have a very even SA once I'm done. The blue pin is just showing the marked line, as the vanishing marker was vanishing. At the end, I pivot and stitch 3 stitches, then pivot & go back up to the collar, again keeping the marked line at center.

When you're finished stitching, it will look like this.

Cut the placket open, up to, but not through, your end stitches.

Turn the placket to the inside of the shirt front, and press it flat on the narrow side (where the scissors are).

Fold the wide size over as shown.

Fold the wide side back along your marked foldline.

At this point you should have 3 facing layers and one shirt layer, all stacked up. One shirt + one facing, the opening, then 2 facing layers.

Press it all smooth.

I stitch the under side of the placket almost 'in the ditch' of the facing. I stitch very close to the seam of the upper side of the placket.

Top stitch a little rectangle to secure & strengthen the bottom of the placket. Yours will be tidier since you won't have my son trying to spin your chair while you sew!

This is what the inside looks like.

After you get the collar on, you'll have this.

(I'll return with complete photos later, ran out of time this morning!)