User Tag List

View Poll Results: How useful is this review?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent!

1 100.00%
  • Very Helpful

0 0%
  • Helpful

0 0%
  • Needs More Info

0 0%
  • Unclear

0 0%

Thread: McCall 5903

Downloads
    Uploads

McCall 5903

Patterns
    Pattern Manufacturer
    McCall
    Pattern Name/Number
    Pattern Description
    KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: Package includes patterns and instructions for apron in size small, medium, large and x-large, contrast skirt band, pocket bands and bodice center front; mitt B, 61/2" x 101/2"; mitt C, 61/2" x 41"; mitts B, C have contrast band; pot holder D, 81/2", contrast flower center; pot holder E, 71/2", contrast upper front; pot holder F, 71/2"; pot holder G, 71/2" x 41/2"; pot holders E, F, G have purchased bias tape for binding; towel H, 14" x 28", contrast band, flower and flower center.
    Which view and size did you make?
    apron, 14
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    Likes: I like the the full front coverage and the detail of the contrasting panel. I like that it has a waist at the natural waist and roomy pockets.

Would change: as you may be able to see in the 2nd picture (gotta love taking pictures of your own back-end), it gapes a little in the back. This may be b/c I'm not big chested. I'll have to sew down this little bit soon to make the fit better. I'm also thinking I'd prefer the skirt to be slightly gathered. This is a very trim fitting skirt and not the best for moving around the house. I think maybe a band at the waist would be nice too.

Sizing - fairly accurate. I cut 1 size smaller than I'd probably buy in RTW for an apron and I didn't exactly follow their seam allowances perfectly.
    Fabric used
    100% quilters cotton
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    see would change above
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional comments
    -
    Attached Images Attached Images