User Tag List

Thread: Design 26 T-shirt

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 26 T-shirt

Size 110-146 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 26 T-shirt

I decided to change things up this year, and I tried a new t-shirt pattern. This one has more room in the neckline than otto usually has so I didn't have to widen the neck opening. The fit is neither slim nor overly baggy. Overall, I like it. My only regret is that I didn't make my ribbing tight enough. I did it at 75% on the stretchy rib knit, but I should have made it 70%. I made a straight 134.

Last edited by sewingmel; 09-30-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My gluten-free blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Since I had this pattern handy, I decided to try something new. I had enough flannel left over from a pair of lounge pants for sleeves so I altered the sleeve pattern just a bit. I widened the sleeve and cut it more at a 90 degree angle. My son is slim so this worked. If he were any bigger, I would have had to widen the sleeve. I like the look for pajamas, but I wouldn't use flannel for a day shirt. I made sure to shrink up the flannel before I made this t-shirt because there really wasn't room for the sleeves to shrink. This shirt was also a straight 134.

Last edited by sewingmel; 09-30-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-

My gluten-free blog-

Downloads
    Uploads

This is probably my favorite otto tee pattern. I think it's a bit more slim-fitting than some of the others, which is great for my kids. The vertical colorblocking is great for showcasing some fabrics that may look a bit babyish if used all over. I modified mine to have ribbing on the sleeve hems.
    Mama to Noah (Aug 03), Owen (Jun 06), and Rosa (Feb 11)

Come visit my blog!